Minimum $39k Starting Salary
Review a summary of our benefits on the previous Careers page.
About this Position
The Fort Worth Botanic Garden|Botanical Research Institute of Texas (FWBG|BRIT) seeks an enthusiastic individual to join the Operations team as a Sales and Event Manager. The ideal candidate must have sales and event experience, exceptional communication, and hospitality skills, and be resourceful in building relationships with potential clients in the community. In addition, this position provides logistical and marketing support for the Sales and Event department. This is a full-time exempt position, and hours of work and days vary and will require schedule flexibility and after-hours and weekend work.
Every position at FWBG|BRIT is important to the organization’s success and contributes to the accomplishment of the strategic goals and, ultimately, achievement of its vision for the future. This role encompasses every employee’s goal of engaging with colleagues, partners, and stakeholders in support of the organization’s mission. Engagement includes participation on teams and committees, exerting extra effort to help the organization succeed, and investing time in the guest experience. Success in this position involves taking pride in working for this organization, committing to effective communication, being solution focused, and embracing a culture of positive change. FWBG|BRIT is continuously working to build a culture where employees each work with an enthusiastic desire to contribute their skills, wisdom, and ideas towards their team’s performance and to experience a sense of satisfaction in the important role they play.
The Sales and Event Manager responsibilities:
- Display a mission-oriented and positive customer service attitude and demeanor in all interactions with internal and external guests.
- Identify rental opportunities within potential client communities through communications, online lead sheets, programs and other activities as needed.
- Continually grow relationships with existing clients and create new relationships with new potential clients.
- Assist in overall sales goals, answering public inquiries, and providing rental tours.
- Serve as onsite staff member and point of contact for rental clients and oversees day-of-event logistics and assists in facility-related matters throughout the event as needed.
- Support rental clients on pre-event communication including logistics, layout guidance, and assists with other client matters as needed.
- Create and assist in facilitation of special events throughout the year
- Generate and publish marketing content through social media and other channels that encourage community members to use BRIT’s facilities for events.
- Participates in the planning, preparation, and filling of employee roles for various public events/exhibits hosted by the FWBG|BRIT.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and or Experience
A college degree or two years of responsible experience in sales or event planning required along with…
• MS Office experience with demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Experience working with the public, board members, donors, and volunteers.
Please see the full job description below for a more detailed list of job tasks and applicant qualifications.
How to Apply
FWBG|BRIT strives to maintain a positive working environment focused on growth and success of individuals, working together in a collaborative, professional manner, with communication a priority. To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter as a single document to: email@example.com. Applications will be considered until the position is filled. FWBG|BRIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.