Minimum $15/hr Starting Pay
Review a summary of our benefits on the previous Careers page.
The Fort Worth Botanic Garden | Botanical Research Institute of Texas (FWBG|BRIT) seeks 2 Events & Janitorial Staff Members: 1 full time and 1 part time to join our Operations team.
As an Events & Janitorial Support Staff Member, you would coordinate with your Public Events team and other FWBG|BRIT staff as needed to ensure our various event venues represent our organization’s best foot forward. Our venues—both outdoor in the gardens, and indoor throughout our various facilities—are one of the strategic ways we engage the community through hosting various public and private events. We believe that the quality of facilities we provide help communicate our organizational mission and we rely on our Events & Janitorial Support team members to communicate that mission through a warm, welcoming environment that will give their events (and our organization in turn) distinction. If you’re dedicated to the details that turn a venue into an experience, we think you might be a great fit for this team.
Every position at FWBG|BRIT is important to the organization’s success and contributes to the accomplishment of the strategic goals and, ultimately, achievement of its vision for the future. This role encompasses every employee’s goal of engaging with colleagues, partners, and stakeholders in support of the organization’s mission. Engagement includes participation on teams and committees, exerting extra effort to help the organization succeed, and investing time in the guest experience. Success in this position involves taking pride in working for this organization, committing to effective communication, being solution focused, and embracing a culture of positive change. FWBG|BRIT is continuously working to build a culture where employees each work with an enthusiastic desire to contribute their skills, wisdom, and ideas towards their team’s performance and to experience a sense of satisfaction in the important role they play.
Some of the daily responsibilities we rely on our Events & Janitorial Staff to perform are:
- Performs a wide variety of duties in the preparation of public events related to set-ups, which includes installing bleachers, portable risers, fence panels and portable stairs; moving temporary walls; delivering supplies and various kinds of materials. Assembles, arranges and disassembles furniture, tables and chairs.
- Cleans meeting rooms exhibit halls, corridors, restroom and lobby.
- Sweeps, scrubs, strips, waxes, mops, washes, polishes, vacuums floors and shampoos carpets.
- Uses floor-cleaning equipment, which includes buffers and sweepers.
- Provides information and gives directions to the public.
- Drive trams throughout the garden upon request.
- Supervises small crews of temporary laborers as needed.
- Locks and secures buildings.
- Participates in the planning, preparation, and filling of employee roles for various public events/exhibits hosted by the FWBG|BRIT.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience operating audio-video equipment.
- Experience in maintenance tasks including floor care utilizing floor cleaning equipment.
- Fire code and chemical safety training.
- Experience in janitorial best practices.
- Employee must maintain current Texas Driver’s License and auto-related liability insurance.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate certification or license may be required depending on assignment.
- Employee is required to undergo a physical exam to assess whether the person is able to perform the duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Must be able to translate in Spanish and pass test for bilingual translation.
Please see the full job description for a more detailed list of job tasks and applicant qualifications.
FWBG|BRIT strives to maintain a positive working environment focused on growth and success of individuals, working together in a collaborative, professional manner, with communication a priority. To apply, please download the linked application and submit the completed form (and/or a resume) and cover letter as a single document to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered until the position is filled. FWBG|BRIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.