Minimum $18/hr Starting Pay
Review a summary of our benefits on the previous Careers page.
About this Position
The Fort Worth Botanic Garden | Botanical Research Institute of Texas (FWBG|BRIT) seeks a Part-Time Membership Assistant to support the membership program in various ways including on-site membership sales, customer service, and event assistance. The Membership Assistant plays an integral role on the Advancement team by helping to create positive and impactful membership experiences that serve to strengthen the Fort Worth Botanic Garden and BRIT.
Every position at FWBG|BRIT is important to the organization’s success and contributes to the accomplishment of the strategic goals and, ultimately, achievement of its vision for the future. This role encompasses every employee’s goal of engaging with colleagues, partners, and stakeholders in support of the organization’s mission. Engagement includes participation on teams and committees, exerting extra effort to help the organization succeed, and investing time in the guest experience. Success in this position involves taking pride in working for this organization, committing to effective communication, being solution focused, and embracing a culture of positive change. FWBG|BRIT is continuously working to build a culture where employees each work with an enthusiastic desire to contribute their skills, wisdom, and ideas towards their team’s performance and to experience a sense of satisfaction in the important role they play.
The Membership Assistant will be responsible for:
- Serving as membership sales/customer service support in the membership office and Garden admissions area
- Assisting with membership customer service through calls, emails and on-site requests regarding membership
- Assisting with all on-site membership guest needs including membership sales and renewals, database look-up, member check-in, and answering general Garden or membership information questions
- Serving as event support as needed
- Maintaining discretion and confidentiality as required of member and volunteer relationships
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education & Experience
A High School Diploma/GED is required along with…
- 2 years of proven experience in guest services or related experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
Please see the full job description for a more detailed list of job tasks and applicant qualifications.
How to Apply
FWBG|BRIT strives to maintain a positive working environment focused on growth and success of individuals, working together in a collaborative, professional manner, with communication a priority. To apply, please download the linked application and submit the completed form (and/or a resume) and cover letter as a single document to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered until the position is filled. FWBG|BRIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.