Minimum $15.19/hr Starting Pay
Review a summary of our benefits on the previous Careers page.
About this Position
FWBG|BRIT seeks a Full-Time Groundskeeper for the Horticulture team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the landscape upkeep within a designated portion of the garden. The groundskeeper will report to, and work closely with, the horticulturists and the Horticulture Manager of their designated area.
Every position at FWBG|BRIT is important to the organization’s success and contributes to the accomplishment of the strategic goals and, ultimately, achievement of its vision for the future. This role encompasses every employee’s goal of engaging with colleagues, partners, and stakeholders in support of the organization’s mission. Engagement includes participation on teams and committees, exerting extra effort to help the organization succeed, and investing time in the guest experience. Success in this position involves taking pride in working for this organization, committing to effective communication, being solution focused, and embracing a culture of positive change. FWBG|BRIT is continuously working to build a culture where employees each work with an enthusiastic desire to contribute their skills, wisdom, and ideas towards their team’s performance and to experience a sense of satisfaction in the important role they play.
- Basic horticultural tasks ranging from those specific to turf and shrub and flowerbed maintenance to generic grounds-keeping tasks.
- Assist with preparing the venues for rentals and specific events.
- Assist with mowing, edging, irrigation and irrigation maintenance, and repairs.
- Assist with pruning of trees, shearing of shrubs and ground covers, and deadheading and weeding of annual and perennial beds and groundcovers.
- Collect and remove leaves from landscapes and pathways.
- Operate a variety of landscape equipment and tools.
- Participate in special events preparations, operations, and removal.
- Operate motorized vehicles and wear appropriate personal protection equipment.
- Planting of groundcovers, trees, shrubs, and sod.
- Participates in the planning, preparation, and filling of employee roles for various public events/exhibits hosted by the FWBG|BRIT.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education & Experience
- High School diploma/GED and three years of general maintenance and/or construction experience
- Knowledge of operation and maintenance requirements of power-driven equipment and a variety of manual tools
- Knowledge of proper techniques and uses of a variety of hand and power tools and machinery with ability to operate various tools, assigned equipment, and heavy equipment
- Education in the principles and practices of irrigation systems with ability to maintain, install and repair irrigation systems as assigned
- Experience in maintenance and grounds keeping tasks
- Knowledge of proper pesticide and fertilizer application, if applicable
- Experience in basic methods and techniques of general construction, maintenance and repair, with ability to perform skilled construction and maintenance tasks
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and standard safety practices
- Experience interpreting and explaining policies and procedures
- Experience reading drawings and schematics
Please see full job description below for a more detailed list of job tasks and applicant qualifications.
How to Apply
FWBG|BRIT strives to maintain a positive working environment focused on growth and success of individuals, working together in a collaborative, professional manner, with communication a priority. To apply, please submit an application (and/or resume) and a cover letter as a single document to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered until the position is filled. FWBG|BRIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.