Minimum $15/hr Starting Pay
Review a summary of our benefits on the previous Careers page.
About the Position
The Fort Worth Botanic Garden | Botanical Research Institute of Texas (FWBG|BRIT) seeks a Part-Time (up to 20 hrs/week) Early Childhood Outreach Representative to support Early Childhood Outreach programs (Bella, Books, and Botany) in the community. This position will work to prepare and deliver outreach events in various area PreK classrooms.
Every position at FWBG|BRIT is important to the organization’s success and contributes to the accomplishment of the strategic goals and, ultimately, achievement of its vision for the future. This role encompasses every employee’s goal of engaging with colleagues, partners, and stakeholders in support of the organization’s mission. Engagement includes participation on teams and committees, exerting extra effort to help the organization succeed, and investing time in the guest experience. Success in this position involves taking pride in working for this organization, committing to effective communication, being solution focused, and embracing a culture of positive change. FWBG|BRIT is continuously working to build a culture where employees each work with an enthusiastic desire to contribute their skills, wisdom, and ideas towards their team’s performance and to experience a sense of satisfaction in the important role they play.
The Early Childhood Outreach Representative will be responsible for:
- Build relationships with teachers, administrators, childcare providers, and community partners associated with Bella, Books, and Botany preschool science and literacy program.
- Deliver the Bella, Books, and Botany program to community classrooms, 1 time each month throughout the year, mostly September-May with the possibility of summer months.
- Assist in the delivery of (4) six hour professional development workshops for teachers and childcare providers participating in the Early Childhood Impact Series on 4 Saturdays at FWBG|BRIT.
- Participate in Education programming as necessary.
- Assisting in implementing the appropriate evaluation tools in the Bella outreach programs.
- Assist in the delivery of Early Childhood Field Trip programs at FWBG|BRIT.
- All Bella Program Material and Logistics Management:
- Inventory and maintain organization of program materials
- Gathering, preparation, and requisition of program materials
- Coordinate set-up and take-down of Early Childhood programs
- Complete and submit in a timely manner required reports of all Early Childhood programs
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education & Experience
A B.S. degree in Elementary Education or related field is required along with work experience in education with knowledge of curriculum standards, plus a background in and affinity for working with young children outdoors in nature.
Please see full job description below for a more detailed list of job tasks and applicant qualifications.
How to Apply
FWBG|BRIT strives to maintain a positive working environment focused on growth and success of individuals, working together in a collaborative, professional manner, with communication a priority. To apply, please submit an application (and/or resume) and a cover letter as a single document to: email@example.com. Applications will be considered until the position is filled. FWBG|BRIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.