Minimum $22/hr Starting Pay
Review a summary of our benefits on the previous Careers page.
About this Position
The Fort Worth Botanic Garden | Botanical Research Institute of Texas (FWBG|BRIT) seeks a Full Time Carpenter for our Operations team. The Carpenter performs skilled maintenance, installation, and fabrication tasks in the carpentry trade.
Every position at FWBG|BRIT is important to the organization’s success and contributes to the accomplishment of the strategic goals and, ultimately, achievement of its vision for the future. This role encompasses every employee’s goal of engaging with colleagues, partners, and stakeholders in support of the organization’s mission. Engagement includes participation on teams and committees, exerting extra effort to help the organization succeed, and investing time in the guest experience. Success in this position involves taking pride in working for this organization, committing to effective communication, being solution focused, and embracing a culture of positive change. FWBG|BRIT is continuously working to build a culture where employees each work with an enthusiastic desire to contribute their skills, wisdom, and ideas towards their team’s performance and to experience a sense of satisfaction in the important role they play.
- Constructs, repairs, and refinishes wooden articles such as desks, chairs, cabinets, and other office furnishing.
- Repairs floors, partitions, and doors; install all types of countertops.
- Makes drawings and sketches of construction or repair project.
- Provides maintenance, remodeling, and new construction of buildings.
- Performs and/or supervises rough and finished carpentry work in the construction, alteration, repair or maintenance of buildings, floors, walls, roofs, stairways, doors, windows, wooden fixtures, etc..
- Establishes grades of foundations and floor slabs of buildings or building additions.
- Assist with event set up and breakdown as needed.
- Orders and maintains supplies according to established departmental procedures.
- Performs related duties outside of the area of specialization as required by specific jobs, which may include hand dry walling, painting surfaces, repairing concrete forms, assisting with electrical repairs, performing welding tasks, etc..
- Employs safe work practices and follows safety guidelines.
- Establish inventory needs and stock needed parts and materials.
- Participates in the planning, preparation, and filling of employee roles for various public events/exhibits hosted by the FWBG|BRIT.
Special Position Requirements
- Valid Texas Class C Driver’s License
- Appropriate certifications related to specialized field
- Employee is required to undergo a physical exam to assess whether the person is able to perform the duties of the position with or without accommodation
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Specialized training in assigned trade and two years of related carpentry experience.
- CPR/First Aid Training
Please see the full job description below for a more detailed list of job tasks and applicant qualifications.
How to Apply
FWBG|BRIT strives to maintain a positive working environment focused on growth and success of individuals, working together in a collaborative, professional manner, with communication a priority. To apply, please submit an application (and/or resume) and a cover letter as a single document to: email@example.com. Applications will be considered until the position is filled. FWBG|BRIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.