Garden News Items
- Rose Garden Renovation Continued June 5, 2015
- Reminder to Photographers – Concerts in the Garden June 5 – July 5 – South Gardens close at 5:00 including Japanese Garden June 4, 2015
- Butterflies in the Garden Logo Contest April 24, 2015
- Rock Springs Area to Be Renovated January 9, 2013
- FWBG Master Plan March 15, 2012
Photography At The Botanic Garden
Everyone is welcome to take photographs of the wonderful landscape at the Botanic Garden, and to take casual pictures of family during visits to the Garden. However anyone doing portrait photography–photos of brides in wedding gowns, couples getting engaged, girls in quincenera dresses, families in look alike outfits, graduates in caps and gowns, cheerleaders, or other persons in formal attire or costume must pay a photography fee. If a photo shoot involves several changes of outfits, the fees definitely apply. Pay these photo fees at the information desk in the Garden Center.
Within the Japanese Garden, operated by the Fort Worth Botanical Society, there is a fee of $75/hr. for ALL portrait photography. To do portrait photography in the Japanese Garden, sign in at the Japanese Garden Ticket Office.
Photography Fees (except Japanese Garden):
|Fuller Garden , Garden Center Courtyards, and Conservatory||$75/hr.|
|All other Garden sites (availability permitting)||$25/hr.|
|Commercial/video rates||minimum $2,500/day|
ALL PORTRAIT PHOTOGRAPHERS MUST SIGN IN UPON ARRIVAL. YOU WILL BE ISSUED A PHOTOGRAPHY PERMIT THAT YOU WILL DISPLAY ON YOUR PERSON OR EQUIPMENT.
Please time your arrival so that you can sign in at the Information Desk during business hours.
Please follow these guidelines while taking photographs in the Botanic Garden:
- Sign in at the Information Desk EVERY TIMEyou plan to use the Garden.
- Pay for your time PRIOR to using the Garden.
- Pick up your dated permit at the Information Desk at the time of payment.
- Display your permit prominently on your person or equipment.
- Stay on the paved walkways or grass.
- Set up your shoot in a manner that does not disrupt events and maintenance.
- Pay attention to Pesticide Application signs—keep your patrons safe.
- Have your patrons stand in, sit in or walk through plant beds or water features—or do so yourself.
- Obstruct the paths, bridges or walkways—must be accessible to wheelchairs and Garden guests.
- Tamper with hoses, equipment, tools or signs. Contact grounds staff for assistance.
- Enter an area posted for pesticide application or barricaded in any manner.
- Allow or encourage your patrons to climb on trees, fountains, sculptures or water features.
- Allow your patrons to pick flowers, foliage or to damage plant material or hardscape.
- Attach any item to plant material, trees, buildings, or water features.
- Bring animals into the Garden except as assistance to disabled individuals.
- Interrupt or obstruct access to weddings or other events scheduled in the Garden.
Security personnel may approach you to ask you to display your permit. You may also be asked for your name to check against the sign-in list.
Garden grounds staff may approach you to discuss alternatives for your shoot if Garden maintenance is in progress.
No refunds are made for inclement weather, but an alternate day and time for the shoot may be scheduled.
If you have been hired to take pictures during a scheduled wedding here, there is no additional photography fee.
Any exception to the above MUST have prior written approval of the GardenCenterCoordinator or designee.